Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Thistle06
      Participant

I’ve been on a (detail removed by moderator) road to get here supported by womens aid, my parents and my friends. My oh is all about power and control, money, the kids, gas lighting, threatening me with social services so I found a route out. I tried to talk to him about the marriage and the fact its ended , I have over the last couple of weeks tried a number of times. I get completely stonewalled then get a torrent of personal abuse. My last attempt was (detail removed  by moderator). He refuses to leave as he owns 50% of the house that was his first reason and then turned it into the fact hes terrified of me and my kids are terrified of my raging temper etc… and the stupidest thing is even though I know this I lies I still sort of believe it. So now I’m almost ready to go and I’m wracked with guilt at destroying my kids childhoods , my eldest can see what happens but my youngest in enthralled to his father who his dad has cultivated. Part of me wants to pretend that this isnt happening then I think of all the nasty stuff he says to me and how desperate I feel when this happens how I wish I wasnt here… then I think no I need to leave, then I feel guilty about that !!!

KIP.
      Participant

Abusers use guilt to brainwash us. To programme us. They know exactly what they’re doing. You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about.please don’t carry the guilt because then he doesn’t have to. I remember trying to talk to my ex and it he didn’t like where the conversation was going he would close it down by becoming aggressive and turning the spotlight on be. Classic abuser behaviour. Just get you and yours kids to a safe place x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content