Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

Today I went through some of my jewellery and found a necklace that he had had worn and then given to me.
      Not only was it not my style and was in stark contrast to my other necklaces, it also radiated an evil aura which felt like a sudden devastating shock to me.
      I was shaking when I touched it and all I wanted was to get rid of it. I binned it without thinking much.
      I cannot believe this piece was among my jewellery.
      That evil radiation from it shook me to my core and I feel rather unwell now.
      I hope I do not find anything from this awful man anymore among my things.

fridges
      Participant

Ayanna, it was the trigger. Good thing that you got rid of it.
      You realised this is not fits you, like he did not fit either.
      My first abuser – was forcing me to wear things, so i will look ugly and then he would say i’m ugly. No wonder by putting the clothes what you made me to wear, i looked very bad.
      Me too – I got rid of most of the staff, but they are in the boxes. I sell them. even if it was not bought by him, i do not want to keep it, if i worn with him, and this day was forcing himself on me ,or done other stuff.
      Now i dress – for me and me only.

Ayanna
      Participant

Yes, clothes are a reminder of those bad days.
      I bought a lot of new and different clothes that I really like, with no bad memories attached.

fridges
      Participant

Well done! A new wardrobe is always a good idea:)
      We should create new memories, new life and stable future.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content