Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wolfram999@
      Participant

We have 4 children together and he has never had any kind of interest in doing anything with them even refuse to read a book to our youngest and he will not take parental responsibility I have to do everything!
      My eldest recently asked him (detail removed by moderator)! I had to bite my tongue I felt physically sick! All he cares about is work and money and himself. When I got myself a little job before recently having my baby, he had a go, shouting and ranting.
      He constantly pressures for sex and becomes angry and silent treatment if I pull away or just fall asleep I’m too scared to outright say no.
      And just recently keeps pressuring me to send a naked photo. It makes me feel degraded and dirty, like it’s the sort of thing you’d get on a dodgy chat room, I feel so stuck here 😢

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Wolfram999@,

Thank you for posting. Rant all you want. This is a safe place. I remember how upset I would get when I was with my ex partner, and I would need to have a rant. We need to get out our frustrations. And the way he is treating you it’s totally understandable that you are upset.
      It is not ok to force anyone to have sex, even if it does not include physical force, or if it’s in a marriage. It is your body, and he is violating you.
      Have you seen The Dominator vs. The Good Guy from The Freedom Program? If you google that, the first image that comes up is the one I’m talking about.
      You don’t deserve to be treated this way, and this is not your fault.
      He is not allowing you to work because it might provide you with a way to get out of the relationship. Abusers commonly have children, and don’t want to take responsibility for them. They might do things when they want to, if it’s convenient for them, if it makes them look better, or even to try to get sex out of us. But you will be responsible for everything it takes to raise children. My ex would yell at me if I asked for help to do something that a decent human being would naturally do as a father.
      We are here for you.
      xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content