Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

So I left my ex as you know and swore I’d never be in another relationship. But I have started talking to someone,what am I doing I am so worried. He is known by my family and has been in an abusive relationship but how do I know he won’t be like my ex soon so scarred.

Dear Inneedofsomepeace, i’m not 100% familiar with your background but you sound so nervous, too nervous to be ready to get involved with someone. I heard from Womens Aid that it is a good idea to be single for 2 years before you start dating again after your abusive relationship, have you been apart from your ex very long? Your anxiety says to me that your not ready to start dating. It might help you to read some posts on here today started by Million Pieces where we were talking about women getting together with men just because they felt they needed a man and couldn’t function properly without one. Most of the time they entered into unsuitable relationships because of this and would settle for someone who liked them or showed interest without really thinking what they like about the man. X*X

Sorry, the post was started by Confused123 & called physical contact after my ex X

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

It’s been (detail removed by Moderator). I am quite happy on my own but sometimes think it would be nice just to have company. But I can’t remember what a normal relationship is like.

Million Pieces & confused123 are having similar issues at the moment, they may be able to help. X*X

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

Ok we’recommend going for a drink in the day and public place so I should be OK shouldn’t I

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content