Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Blondexxxx
      Participant

Hi
      I don’t know what to do, it’s been (detail removed by moderator) since my ex left me
      Yes he left me even though he hit me he had bad gambling problems alcohol and drug abuse

We have a son together and at first he kept asking if he could see him one day a week but at the house
      It didn’t work out as he just started with me every single time

Then he threatened to take me to court it I didn’t agree to his set days

I told him I wanted him to see our son one day a week and when build up confidence he was getting help for his drug abuse and alcohol etc then can move to having him over night

But he has to prove he was getting help

Anyway I haven’t heard anything for (detail removed by moderator) no texts no nasty emails
      Then all of a sudden I was at work I got an email from a solicitor asking me to get in touch through my own solicitor and that he wants our son for four days on four days off!!

I feel sick! He’s only (detail removed by moderator)! He never bothered with him once whilst together he could never be bothered to look after him.
      He got wrecked most weekends and led in bed bed coming down off his drugs or in a bad mood because they made him that way.

Never provided for him at all. Hit me in front of (detail removed by moderator)
      Told him to call me a (detail removed by moderator) and even taught him to swear at me.

I feel so ashamed I still miss and love this person but now he’s trying to hurt me the only last way he can.
      I feel sick.
      The letter even says I have to contact the solicitor with any decisions on what schools or nursery’s or anything medical.

I have been having counselling with victim support as well as help from the police and also signed up to the freedom project over the last few weeks.
      I started to feel a little better in myself then this happened today.

Does anyone know or have any advice what I can do 🙁

Darcy
      Participant

Good morning Blondexxxx,
      It’s not surprising you are feeling the way you feel, you will certainly be in shock over this and concerned about the safety of your child with your ex.
      This does need addressing though so speak to your solicitor and find out what the facts are, this way you wont be just spiraling and imaging things you don’t actually know aren’t fact.
      Also start to gather any evidence you have about your ex and his behaviour. Text messages, letters, record any conversations etc. Also write down all your own experiences so you have them clear on paper to present and don’t forget them.
      Once you are more clear on all this you will have more strength to proceed forward.
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content