Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Feather
      Participant

Hi, I’m new! Hello everyone.

(date removed by moderator) I was put through a terrible ordeal by someone that I thought was my friend. Locked in and the rest, I’m not quite sure what I’m allowed to say but it was pretty traumatic.

I got the courage to go to the police a few days later. (detail removed by moderator)I was actually petrified that he would find me as he knows where I live. After the arrest, he told the police that I attacked him (which is rubbish) and was released pending further investigation.

I’m now even more petrified, no word from the police and judging by how this person was on the night (cleaning floors religiously, taking “evidence”home with him etc) I’m not quite sure what he’s capable of.

I really need just someone to talk to and I’m not quite sure where to start really. I’m a bit worried that the police aren’t taking it seriously. There is no way that I can prove that I didn’t attack him. He had self defence marks but I was a lot worse.

Anyone to talk to would be much appreciated

X

Chickadee
      Participant

Hi Feather.

You can be open about trauma and abuse here, feelings. You can vent away and be descriptive. What you can not do is put names, exact locations, dates, for your own protection. If you accidentally do, no worries, the moderator will edit it out.

I “get it,” mine stated that, yes, he raped me all those times, (detail removed by moderator)

You can go and inquire with the police yourself for an update. I’m thinking assault/battery or rape from what little is here. But someone cleaning impeccably and taking evidence home with them, that describes someone that could be practicing technique for much more. It also describes someone that may have inside knowledge of how to proceed with such matters. That he knows where you live is very scary. It would be wise to relocate.

If your telling the truth, don’t worry about proving it. Just let it work itself out. And meanwhile give some thought to your safety.

I’m here when you need to talk. Hugs.

Chickadee

Feather
      Participant

Thank you so much Chickadee. I really appreciate it. I’m just so angry and confused at the moment. He’s a (job removed by moderator) so he’s making out that I’m making it up so he loses his job. *rolls eyes*

It was beating. Strangling, punching, everything. His self defence marks were from me pushing his face away when he was strangling me. But I really think he did those himself to be honest as I cant mark when I’m using my palms.

Anyway, I suppose I just need to have a little faith in the police that they can work him out. You’re definitely right – (detail removed by moderator) and I really think he’s done this sort of thing before. He even made me wait with him until he put an item of clothing covered in blood in the washing machine and finished. All very bizarre!

I’m moving to the middle of nowhere next month! Can’t come quick enough.

Thank you so much again 🙂 xx

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi Feather,
      So sorry you’re going through this scary ordeal, made even more scary by the fact he cleaned away the evidence. He’s organised and has probably done it before or been planning it. He sounds extremely dangerous, please be careful. Can you stay with someone or have a friend or family member over to stay?
      As for someone to talk to have you tried phoning the helplines, the one on here, Samaritan or the victim crisis line? They are all busy at times and it can be hard to get through, but you can leave a message and they’ll get back to you. I’ve found them absolutely brilliant, so friendly and supportive and are able to give you local numbers of organisations which can help with your specific needs.
      Well done for reporting him, he needs to be stopped. Keep posting and keep yourself safe.
      Love and hugs

Chickadee
      Participant

Your Welcome Feather.

There are a few things very odd with your ordeal.

For your protection, make sure your move is as secretive as possible. And be alert to your surroundings.

Stay Safe!

Chickadee

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content