Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ripon123
      Participant

Due to my disability. Sleep is so important to me. My pain meds wear off at night and if I’m not asleep by a certain time I end up in awful pain. I don’t nap through the day even if I need to because I feel guilty like I’m lazy.

My partners works (detail removed by Moderator) nights a week. If not much is going on which is normal he texts me all night. He gets really angry or “sad” when I say I want to go to sleep. And often bargains with my about when I can go to sleep. I’ve told him so many times tonight I need to go to sleep because I’m feeling unwell. He’s told me no many times and what about him. I don’t know how to commit to yes I need to goodnight. When the reproductions tomorrow would be terrible if I did. I have finally told him, I’m not feeling well how much I love and miss him but am going now at 3am. He’s told me to f**k off. So god knows what tomorrow now brings. How would you deal with this?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Ripon123,

I wanted to check in with you to see how you are doing? I am sorry to hear how your partner won’t let you get the rest and sleep you need. Unfortunately it is another form of control.

Have you got any support in place?

Best wishes,

Lisa

I also suffer with this problem , my son keeps me awake or moans about how much I sleep due to meds , but if I don’t take them I get unwell , so it’s catch 22.
      My son expects me to be up & cooking & serving him , when he’s around.
      I don’t sleep well due to my room being trashed by my son , no tv in there broken so now I’m on sofa with frozen shoulder getting very little space or sleep
      It’s all very draining …..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content