Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mandolin
      Participant

Hi. I have been separated from husband for (detail removed by Moderator) months. It is taking so long for the divorce because he won t let go and having to fight to get him out of our house. I am renting g with my daughter. It is so frustrating spending g all this money just to get him out the house. Getting me down now. Married (detail removed by Moderator) years. Anyone else have this issue. Married a child basically.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Mandolin,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing with us. I am sorry to hear how your husband is continuing to be controlling and abusive through the divorce and with your home. Unfortunately this is common behaviour from abusive people after separating. I hope you find the forum a supportive place to be with others who understand.

Keep posting when you can, there is support here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Bananaboat
      Participant

Hello and welcome. It’s amazing that you and your daughter are free and whilst he’s still a chain around your neck for now, an end will come. They are very childlike, I describe mine like a parasite, but he’ll remain miserable long after you and your daughter thrive, remember that xx

Mandolin
      Participant

Thankyou. It s helpful to hear someone else’s experience and that this is normal.

Mandolin
      Participant

He is so childlike. I felt like I had 2 kids, not one. He can’t survive on his own and is like a parasite for sure. I’m amazed at his stupidity. He has had chance to try to restore relationship with his daughter but has muffed it completely due to his manipulation and self absorption. I’m amazed at how stupid he is.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content