Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      groovyleopard
      Participant

Hi all,

I have been in a relationship with my partner for a few years. The relationship started off well, and then slowly a few red flags started to happen. I have given him so much, and always respected him and loved him. I choose to stick by him, sadly things got much worst. I then realised I was in a relationship with a n********t.

So much has gone on, and I have been hurt time and time again… I feel like a complete doormat at times. Throughout my life, I feel that I have always given people many chances, and have always been very forgiving even after some terrible behavior of either friends or family. I am finding it very difficult to let go even after everything he has done to me. I always seem to crave answers and question why he has done this to me. I never receive any explanations from him. He can never see what he has done wrong. I feel numb and my mind feels very empty. I love him so much, and can’t imagine my life without him.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me find some strength. I try and speak to my friends and family, but I feel like they cannot relate to how I am feeling.

Thank you.

Bananaboat
      Participant

Welcome to the forum, I’m sorry you find yourself here. You’ll get lots of advice and support here. We’ve all been exactly where you are – confused, hoping, loving. It’s a hard truth to accept but you’re unlikely to get the answers you crave, or the changes you need from him regardless of how much you give/love, they’ll just take take take. Start researching, reading forums, books like ‘why does he do that’ by Lundy Bancroft and watch videos about trauma bonding on YouTube. You’re not alone anymore x

nbumblebee
      Participant

We here can all relate to you all of us. We may be in different situations some have left some are leaving ithers like me are still in the thick of it but we all understand and are here for you.
      Knowledge is power. Read up all you can reach out for some help read posts on here ask queations these ladies have been through it all and are amazing reach out. You are not alone in this its so sad to know how many of us tbere are out there but also so comforting to knkw we have support. Take care xx

groovyleopard
      Participant

Thank you both, I appreciate your responses

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content