Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Cecile
      Participant

Well after decades of not being allowed to put stuff in the bins (yes really), here in my new post abusive relationship I have some new shiny bins all of my own. They were delivered today and my heart skipped a few beats, first anxiety then fear. Then joy filled me as a I realised I am the only one who will ever fill these, and wheel them out for collection. He used to use the bins as a source of control and abuse, I.e what we put in there, how much I wasted, not knowing how to recycle properly, not letting me wash stuff before recycling. Screaming at me about throwing out food (which a I rarely did) as he had seen it in the bins, he had to look at it every week blah blah. So I learned in the early years just to avoid them. If I ever put extra stuff for reycling like at Xmas he would tut and sigh and pull it out, stack it elsewhere for collection later in the year, then harangue me. He repeated. Any times that not many people could get as much in a wheelie bin for recycling as he could. Feel sick at the memory.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Omg you really were married to my husband, this is so freaking scary.

Anonymous
      Inactive

LOL! You guys made me smile here! Yep, it’s the little things but things that just tear us to bits when going on. The nit-picking, pick, pick, pick! Now you can shout to the rooftops Cecile that you can do whatever you want to with your bins!!!

Eh, they all do it. Miserable little creatures. They all need a country they are banished to and check back in about a year and they will probably have destroyed each other! Look up the Baboon troup that got healthy again after the nasty alpha males died off from eating poison meat. So very true, so very true…. They were all selfish, wanting the meat to themselves and oh darn, it backfired on them! Interesting to note that the females who were now in charge would kick out any males that did not adhere to their rules and boundaries! I like it!

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Oh like the sound of that, going to read up on it. 💞💞

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content