Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

Dear Ladies

Christmas, Birthdays and anniversary’s can be a hard time for us all. I had my Christmas wobble in September grieving for the large family Christmas I always had. But thanks to post it made me look again at Christmas past and they were horrid, being made to feel inadequate and waiting for the annual Christmas row to erupt. So I thought maybe we can all think of a positive that we will do this year and it may help others as well as ourselves xx

Instead of being at home I am going to my Mum’s it will be quite (I can’t cope with lots of noise), we have decided to have roast chicken followed by rhubarb crumble and custard. In the afternoon will play games and watch what we like on telly (I was never allow to have my c**p on). On boxing day I will see my brother and family, they are so understanding been told I can come and go as I please, which takes the pressure off. I know that both days there will be no traumas, no shouting, no belittling, no waiting for the explosion :).

So Ladies have a good one and stay safe xx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

and to you Falling Skys,a lovely post of encouragement and positivity.

i think i posted on another christmas thread about doing things differently. I might spend my xmas eve and christmas nights in a car, but it doesn’t matter and that doesn’t worry me, i will be with the ones i love and we will all be happy together and thats all that matters, being happy and together – safe.

Feeling relaxed and having stupid fun, not scared of doing the wrong thing. I haven’t yet completely shaken off the feeling of waiting for the explosion after planning anything and discovering i did it all wrong, but its getting there.

So we don’t have all our usual christmas traditions or ‘things’ around us, but Christmas is about the spirit, feeling the spirit of Christmas all around us, and coming here and hearing others talking makes me realise how even the very different christmas’s can be the happiest too.

Raising a festive glass to all for all your christmasses xx

Hopesprings
      Participant

I hope you have a good Christmas this year it sounds like you will 🙂

I’m working all day Xmas and Boxing Day but think the people at work will keep me going 🙂

Christmas can be so difficult…especially after leaving an abusive relationship.
      This year my child is old enough to understand all about Santa and he’s just so excited – and this year I’m starting traditions just for us two. We’re going to my mothers house and spending Christmas with my family (not all of my mothers family as I still don’t have a relationship with half of her family due to the abuse etc but my siblings and their partners will be there) so this year – our first proper year in our own home after a christmas in refuge and years of terrible ruined christmases before that.

So we’ve made our own decorations, we’re going to make a gingerbread house and me and my child are going to have a little christmas before we travel – just the two of us. Starting our own little traditions – like hot chocolate and squirty cream before bed! For the first year in so long, I’m looking forward to Christmas!

As you’ve said…it’s about spirit, and being happy and safe.

I wish all of you a happy and merry christmas, and most importantly a safe and warm one.
      Festive love and fairy lights. LBP. Xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content