Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Butterfly-Warrior
      Participant

Hi,

Not sure my reasons for my posting, I suppose its just to get advice help or support. I am currently in a draining relationship, on one hand you have me, always trying to please him, walks on egg shells 24/7, regrets arguing back once its kicked off. I am a nervous wreck, my mental health has declined increasingly over the years and I am a shell of the person I used to be. Him, hes controlling, aggressive, manipulative and loves putting me down to the point I think he thrives on the fact that I have lost control when hes put me down constantly, I do not even recognize myself as I must look scary, that’s when he knows he’s broken me and makes out that I need help.

So that is a quick intro of why I am here, I need to leave the relationship but I do not how to with 2 young children involved.

Thanks for reading.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Butterfly-Warrior

Welcome to the forum and well done for leaping that hurdle to make you’re girst post.

You don’t ever need a reason for posting. Just wanting to offload or un-jumble your thoughts can make a huge difference to the moment you are in.

It sounds like you’ve been having a tough and exhausting time with your relationship. You have recognised what the problem is and you are here on the forum. This is the start of a journey which the ladies here will walk through with you, if that is what you’d like.

It is possible to leave with two young children. Your local DV charity and advice from a good solicitor are good starting points.

If you feel able to open up to relatives please do. The more support you can get, the better.

Gerbil
      Participant

HiButterfly Warrior
      Welcome to the group. I am also quite new too but have found some amazing advice on her from people who really understand what you are going through.
      Take care and keep posting x

Butterfly-Warrior
      Participant

Thank you for your replies. I already feel at home as I now know I am not the only one going through this. I feel confident with all the success stories that one day I can be free and help others. X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content