Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      LilySunflower
      Participant

Hello all,

New here. I just joined as I thought I should start to talk about the things I have been through with people who understand. I can’t explain the fear/dread/panic that abuse causes, even when the abuser is not there, to someone who hasn’t been through it so I have nobody else to tell. I am hoping by talking about it I can maybe deal with it better.

KIP.
      Participant

Hello and welcome, I’m wondering if you have had counselling. Trauma stays with us until we deal with it so perhaps talk to your GP. Lots of us are left with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It took me a long time to deal with it x

LilySunflower
      Participant

Thanks Kip. I did have trauma counselling – I was diagnosed with complex PTSD – and it was really helpful in reducing the night terrors and hyper vigilance. I am considering more counselling.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content