Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Raspberry
      Participant

It’s been years, in a new relationship everything great. Then I was made redundant and got a new job (detail removed by moderator) I won’t name but hires thousands of people across the country. He’s high up in a different department but the building is only (detail removed by moderator) walk away.
      I’m now having panic attacks and feeling things I’ve never felt before.
      Background – i was young, he was older with children he reeled me in then plonked the kids on me and was incredibly manipulative. Just before I left he attacked me whilst we were having an argument: he must have known I was truly about to leave. He then called the police and told them I’d caused damage (detail removed by moderator) ( I hadn’t ) and they took me away: never saw him since never contacted him again – nothing happened legally because I didn’t do anything and they knew/believed me. He created a couple of accounts and blasted me on my social media but apart from that nothing. He was with someone new within weeks.
      Now I feel like being physically closer to him is taking me back and all the fear shame and regret is flooding in. It’s a great job but I’m close to quitting I can’t deal with the panic.

hop
      Participant

I’m not surprised you feel like that. Have you got a dr you can speak to,? I really think that maybe professional help is the way forward. I’m sorry I’m not much help but speaking to someone in the real world might really help x 💙

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content