Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ssssssssss
      Participant

Hi. So I’m new here I’ve never been on anything like this but I guess anything is worth trying to see if it can help in anyway at all.

So I met a man fell pregnant very fast then ended up in a relationship. About (detail removed by moderator) in he hit me. Me and kids ended up in refuge and he got put in jail. Within (detail removed by moderator) he’d done his sentence and got out I fell back into the trap with a bad sob storie told to me by him and his mother.
      So we got back together things were good for about (detail removed by moderator) then he started being controlling and nasty calling me names keeping me away from friends and family. Controlling the income. Buying takeaways all the time telling me how he’s going to get me fat so I never meet anyone else etc.. Now we argue on a weekly basis and there has been 2 occasions in past (detail removed by moderator) we’re he has strangled me. I won’t call any authorities at all as they were involved last time and I don’t want to loose my children. He says if I finish him he will make sure he will make me loose my kids. He threatens to kill me. My fiends and family. And himself if I try and end the relationship. Or he threatens to make my life hell. Which I no he actually most probably could.
      I would leave him but I no I’m that gullable I keep taking him back. And sometimes yes I do love him still but sometimes I don’t.
      I used to be a bright bubbly person and now I’m like a snail in a shell.
      I feel like I’m crumbling and it’s affecting me and the kids.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Ssssssssss

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find it a supportive place to be.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Your partner sounds extremely dangerous, your safety is so important so please consider getting some support. You can find your local service here: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

I know you have been in a refuge before, but this is something you may need to consider again in order to be safe. The fact that your partner has strangled you and threatened to kill you is really concerning. The police are there to help keep you safe, please call them if you are frightened for your safety.

If it is safe to do so, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (Mon- Fri 10am – 2pm). They can discuss your options. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/ Please also have a read through the survivors handbook and make a safety plan. https://www.womensaid.org.uk/the-survivors-handbook/making-a-safety-plan/

Please keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content