Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Fuerte123
      Participant

Hi I’m new on here I’m just having a really bad day I’ve had an argument with my partner which I’m told I started but I don’t see it like that apparently I speak to him like 💩 but he’s the one always shouting at me and I’m just really confused he’s actually got me thinking maybe he’s right and it’s is me!!!

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel,
      Welcome to the forum and well done for posting.
      Abusers are very good at making you feel like it is your fault and you should have behaved better, or differently or whatever! It is a tactic that they use. So please do not think it is you.
      Maybe google the cycle of abuse and do some research on abusive patterns so that you have a better understanding of how abusers work. You will soon see that his behavior is text book and be able to empower yourself against it next time.
      Also read some of the positive posts on here to give you a boost, the lovely ladies on here are great at offering support and advice.
      Stay connected and keep posting it really can help you unravel your feelings and thoughts.
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Fuerte123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum.

As Darcy has said, abusers can be incredibly manipulative and convincing. It’s so difficult when we are inside this dynamic, to recognise the abuse, and it is very common to doubt yourself and your version of events. Have you heard of the term gaslighting? It sounds like your partner may be using some of these techniques.

It’s great that you have joined the forum, I hope you find it a helpful and supportive place to be.

Take care and keep posting,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content