Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      GladioliGarden
      Participant

Just joined to get and give support to others who have been through DV

hello there and welcome.
      ladies on here have helped me many a time.
      I try to help to.
      good to ‘see’ you on here.
      Though it is an ‘education’ that none of us asked for eh?
      we wil make it together
      all best
      ftc
      x

Fudgecake
      Participant

Welcome to the forum.
      It’s a great place to seek advice and reassurance.
      X

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there, love your name. 💜💛💚 you’ll find the forum a safe place to vent, laugh and cry, be believed unconditionally and through posting and reading others you’ll find a knowledge into a world you never knew existed, until you became the partner to an abuser😔
      Welcone ans well done for taking that big step. One baby step at a time you’ll get there. How long is your choice, everything on here, through WA (women’s aid) is ALWAYS your choice, you control what you do, we’re all here for you anytime.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

ianookkk
      Blocked

Hi ,everybody.I am a new here and i pleased to to be here!

Hokeycokey
      Participant

Hi everyone

Im new and a little nervous. I’m in a long distance relationship with my abuser so I feel a bit ashamed to be on here when I read some of the awful situations some women are In especially when they’re married.

Despite the 200 miles between us i’m terrified to end the relationship. He’s threatened that there “will be murders”. He has a crossbow.

He has turned up at my house several times out of the blue as if to show me that he can. Sometimes he has arrived drunk and driven with his young son.

The abuse is emotional and he has hit me once at a festival in front of hundreds of people. He is a big powerful man and his rages towards me and his sone are really threatening and scary. He’s spoiled every special occasion , birthdays , Xmas , holidays ….I was stupid enough to go on a cruise and he threatene to put all my clothing in the sea. He’s torn clothes before in temper..

Writing this I know how abusive he is but like many others he can also be generous and kind and funny. He’s asked me to move in with him and I keep making excuses not to as I know it would be dangerous.

I’m so stressed and feel permanently anxious but I know I must find the strength to end things sooner rather than later.

The added complication is that he has custody of his son and I have become very attached to him. Probability the empath part of me and I’m worried about him and the emotional abuse he also suffers in a daily basis.

Sorry for the long post (It’s definitely helpful writing this stuff down! ) and thanks for reading.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi HokeyCokey

Welcome to the forum, so very good you wrote, your partner sounds very dangerous, I feel nervous just reading your post, the best advice I can give you is to call immediately (or first thing tomorrow morning) Women’s Aid – the number is right here on the page – to tell them about your situation and ask for advice how to break of off safely.
      Then I’m not sure what you can do about his son, probably Women’s Aid can advice you on this too.
      Sending you strength, good night and keep posting

Hokeycokey
        Participant

Thank you for responding HopeLifeJoy. It’s a big step joining a forum and now I feel very relieved to have some way to tell the truth when everyone around me thinks I’m in a fairytale …

Wishing you well in whatever situation you’re in 😊

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content