Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Brunette3
      Participant

Hi All,

this stuff is all completely new to me and i really dont know where to start to be honest.

I am debating whether i am in an abusive relationship or no? or whether it is just me?!

if anyone would like to help or chat please feel free to message me as i will be useless on here!

thanks 🙂

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, I found it helpful to read other posts and then I realised my ex was behaving in similar abusive ways to other people’s partners. There’s a national domestic abuse helpline which I found great and also reading Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven. Abusers make us feel crazy by their behaviour and for years I thought I was the problem, he would make me feel guilty and blame me constantly. It really leaves us spinning. You can bet he’s the problem.

Notanymore
      Participant

Hi everyone.
      Thank you for accepting me in this forum.
      Luckily, I’m divorced now but I’m still dealing with the psicological pain caused by my ex.
      My relationship with my adolescent son and daughter is being complicated.
      I can’t talk about what I feel like to anybody. They don’t seem to understand or believe me.
      I’m in my (detail removed by moderator) and I don’t think I’ll be able to trust any other man to become a partner.
      I find reading your experiences and advice very useful.

Halo
      Participant

Hey, feel free to give me a message if you like. Seems like we both are in the same situation

Brunette3
      Participant

Hi,

i am completely new to this all. and feel very apprehensive opening up.

so if anyone feels like having a private chat then please feel free to message me.

my partner is a lot older than me and drinks alot. his behaviour when he drinks is 10x worse to when he isnt drunk.

just makes me doubt myself with everything and i find myself defending him endlessly…..

KIP.
      Participant

Alcohol doesn’t cause abuse. Many people drink and are not abusive. He chooses to abuse you so don’t confuse the two. Talk to your local women’s aid. It’s shocking to discover that the person we love and we think loves us is actually deliberately abusing and destroying us.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content