Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Seabreeze
      Participant

Hello I’m new to this forum and just wanted to share how I felt. After reading through alot I finally felt comfortable posting.
      I struggled to come to terms with the relationship me and my ex had and the title it would have. I don’t know why it bothers me so much but reading on here has helped me and helped me come to terms with it all!
      There’s so much to work through and process I just don’t know how to get started!
      It doesn’t help he’s still contacting me and trying to control me which I know he can’t do now but it doesn’t just disappear out of your head over night!
      It’s strange that the freedom you feel comes with a numbness and an absence that you know is a good absence but you still miss that 1 good memory that was created! Hopefully other people feel the same and I’m not just crazy!
      It’s like I’m just a shell of a person now and I just do t k is how to function
      For me the emotions are the hardest thing to control! Cry myself to sleep most nights and can’t even tell you why I’m crying!
      I don’t know just feel like I’m barely keeping my head out of the water and would love some advice on how to start getting help with it all

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Newbie

You’ve made a great start, and been so brave as you have already opened your eyes and accepted what has been happening, and yes, realise he is trying to reel you back in. Welcome here, and glad that you have gained so much from reading and processing it already.

Be kind to yourself, and let yourself grieve the loss and the shock impact of your realisations. This is normal, and not ‘mad’ for feeling and reacting this way. Baby steps, look after yourself and be patient with yourself through this emotional time. The crying will ease, and stop, you will not be crying for ever, it will pass as you let out all the tears you could not cry before. You have been holding back tears for a long time and now they are free to fall, and must, to heal you.

Its all a normal reaction to a very abnormal situation that you’ve been stuck in.

Take your time, sending you strength and warmest wishes

TS

Seabreeze
        Participant

Thank you so much for your kind reply!
        It’s means the world x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

hi Seabreeze

Aw. I’m glad something helps. take care of you x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content