Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Essexgirl
      Participant

Hello I am new here I have just left a violent abusive relationship and I don’t really know what yo do now am feeling very alone x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Essexgirl,welcome to the forum. It’s a big step you’ve taken by posting, take your time, keep reading others posts and getting as much info as you need to make any future decisions. Post what you want when you want. It’s a safe place to vent, to share. No one will judge or make you do anything you don’t want to.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Good morning Essexgirl, welcome to the forum. As IWMB has said it takes a lot of strength to post and to start to share you experiences.

You could also get some support from your local domestic abuse service you can find their details here

Keep posting

Best wishes

Lisa

Escapee
      Participant

Hi Essex girl 😊

Well done for getting out and for reaching out on here. It takes a lot of strength 💕.

This bit is tough – healing takes time and is painful. It’s so unfair that we have to cope with all the abuse and then we have to cope with the fallout from it too.

Get as much support as you can, WA, your GP, other charities, this forum and friends and family.

Try to keep your head occupied – I read ALOT!

And be super kind to yourself.

I’m often lonely but then I think about how lonely I felt in the relationship and all the things I no longer have to worry about.

Love and hugs xxxx

Essexgirl
      Participant

Thank you everyone can’t believe this has all happened it all started off so lovely and I thought maybe I have met a decent one at last am still wondering if its all my fault xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

We all wonder that. It’s how they make us feel x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Newbie, no it’s definitely not your fault though they’d have you believe it or that you’re at least partially responsible. How are you doing this week. It’s pretty hard going but the longer you have little or no contact the better all round it is for your mental and physical health. Keep posting and reading others posts

Essexgirl
      Participant

I am very frustrated he was arrested today for breaking a restraining order but said I was lying and he was released due to lack of evidence I feel like he is just laughing and trying to make everyone believe it is me that is crazy x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content