Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Whateverapproach
      Participant

Hi all hope your all ok… I’ve made the first step to end a long term volatile relationship, but circumstances force us to remain in the same house. Lockdown has been extremely testing and only certified my first decision to get the hell out!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well done and good luck. Stay safe; if you need to leave before lockdown ends, do.

Anonymous
      Inactive

WOW!!! Doing a dance for you over here!!! Good for you!!! Hey, life is just too short, right? And when you see it’s just nuts, you see who is driving the car here, you just have to get out, push them out of the driver’s seat and say NO! It’s my life thank you very very much! Learned alot about what I don’t want, won’t allow in my life and off you go, eh? Time to command your own ship!! Bring light and loveliness onboard and nothing else. Boundaries tight, consequences swift!

Newboundaries
      Participant

Well done Whateverapproach! you’ve got this and use this forum and your support network to get through this one step at a time. I recently found the courage to confirm we need to split and got in touch with a local charity who are so fantastic. Such a relief although going through a rollercoaster of emotions as one minute he is super charming and the other not which makes me doubt myself but then I remember that I am in a situation where I need help to get out which is definitely not normal. Just remember during those times you can do this you’ve made that important first step.

KIP.
      Participant

You need to be extremely careful. Ending a relationship is the most dangerous time for a woman. Two women per week are murdered by their current or previous partner. It’s when they begin to lose control they become violent and dangerous. Being trapped with an angry violent man is. It a good idea to let him know you’re ending things. Take a step back. Tell him nothing and make plans in secret. He cannot know you’re serious about ending things until you are free and safe.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content