Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MeadowFlower
      Participant

Hi there,

I’m sort of new. Well i joined a long time back but only made one or two posts and left. But i’m back. I kind of knew i would be though.

My husband has been ‘normal’ for (detail removed by moderator) apart from the occasional sarcastic comment and laugh. Before that I had gone to the police because we’d had an argument and he slapped me across the legs and said if I got anyone involved they would pay the ultimate price. I told the police and about a previous incident. I knew I couldn’t carry on with actual violence and he was arrested. The police called me to ask what i wanted to do and i said he should be cautioned and the officer said they have it all on camera and that in the previous incident (detail removed by moderator). I thought my husband would be warned into stopping. Since then he hasn’t been violent and even things have been getting much closer and I started to feel more confident and happy, until this last week.

I did (detail removed by moderator) and he saw I’d gone a bit wrong and helped. Then when he went to do more, he (detail removed by moderator) really badly. I took it down. He went shopping and bought (detail removed by moderator). I did a lot of (detail removed by moderator) and he kept giving me orders how to do it properly. After a while I decided to go and wash up and cook and he took over (detail removed by moderator) and finished. Later on I entered the room and he looked angry and said that i treat him like a slave.

In the morning he was angry and i asked what’s wrong. He said that (detail removed by moderator). He’d tried to (detail removed by moderator). He then sarcastically said “Well done trying to kill me” ????!!! I said what on earth are you on about? He then looked sarcastic. I said don’t be like that, it’s not funny, that’s psychological abuse!” He said so it’s ok to say whatever you want and i can’t say anything. That was (detail removed by moderator).

Since then as i work from home i have been on my laptop working with the door shut behind me. He has barely spoken to me. Before the (detail removed by moderator) thing one morning it was nearly (detail removed by moderator) and i was about to start my laptop ready for working from home. He moved his hands over me and said he wanted to do it but i said i couldn’t because I had work to do and a Zoom meeting. I know it was his way of asserting his dominance.

He’s not talking to me now. But i don’t deserve this. I won’t ask why and open myself up to anything. I am confused and don’t know what’s going on.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi MeadowFlower,

I wanted to see how you are after posting? I hope you found it helpful to offload to us. Please do keep posting when you can.

Best wishes,

Lisa

MeadowFlower
      Participant

Over the weekend my husband started talking again. He wanted to do it. I wanted a hot drink this morning and he took a lot of the water and then boiled more water. He said in a low key way “Remember my needs should always come first”. He said it like half as if didn’t mean anything and half like he meant it. I try and let stuff go over my head and not think, if I do I get trained, tired, upset. My feelings for him have shrunk so much that there’s not much left.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content