Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ashestobeauty
      Participant

I’m being interviewed (detail removed by moderator) . This is dealing with the mental abuse and control over the last few years. I’m dreading it, just because I have to go through it again. I’ve written notes this time so I can be more concise rather than rambling. It just sounds so crazy, how did I actually live like that for so long? It feels like a bad dream but it really happened.

IndecisiveGirl
      Participant

You’re so brave to be able to do that, so Welldone on finding that strength❤️
      Good idea making notes, because it truly is difficult knowing where to start when talking to anyone about the abuse. And I’m sure it does sound crazy now you realise what was happening, I guess at the time we don’t really realise?

Iwantmeback
      Participant

First of all, good luck.🍀 You have become stronger and stronger since I first read your posts. 💛💛 you may not feel it, you may not look it, but just think by (detail removed by moderator) evening, you’ll have done it. Have a meal prepared to go into, or get a ‘chippy’. something that’s a treat, out of the ordinary. A celebratory drink and a beautiful bubble bath with candles all around you. Anything that makes you feel I’ve done it. 👏👏
      I’m not sure if there are online guidelines that could help you sift through the craziness of it all.
      Anyway just wanted to say good luck and that I’ll be thinking of you. 💜💜

ashestobeauty
      Participant

Thank you so much for your kindness and support. I will be meeting the male officer who will actually be interviewing my husband, which will be weird. I wonder what he will make of him? After all, I loved, trusted and believed him for all those years.

Fudgecake
      Participant

I’m wishing you lots of luck in what is a traumatic time for you.
      Stay strong.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content