Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariana
      Participant

Hi everyone with the current situation I feel more trapped than ever and co.lletely helpless I dont know where to turn!!! I’m not well so cant go anywhere .going about my daily routine got me out the house most the day and away from him. I hope so much this all blows over quickly. Feel about panic stricken as I know I’m in for weeks of misery. Are refuges still an option currently?? Thanks for listening x*x

fizzylem
      Participant

Hello A, yes I can imagine. Call the WA helpline and enquire about refuge; sadly, I think we’re in for the long haul here don’t you? 12 ish weeks? If China is anything to go by. Try to steer clear of him, get outside for some air and exercise when you can. Any hobbies you can get out so you can get into a mental therapeutic space? Call the police if you need to won’t you. Reach out as much as you can x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Ariana,

Sorry to hear you’re going through all this; it’s understandable you’d be feeling panicky about everything.

Refuges are still an option at the moment; there are still vacancies around the country and as it stands refuges are still accepting women and children fleeing domestic abuse. If you’re in need of a refuge search a Women’s Aid worker can have a look for you via our live chat service (open 10am – 12pm), or the police, social services or your local domestic abuse service should also be able to help you find a refuge.

Always in an emergency call the police for help, and remember Women’s Aid services are all still up and running; we’ll still be here on the Forum. As worrying and isolating as this may all be please do keep posting; keep reaching out for help from others on here.

Take care,
      Lisa,
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content