Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bumbum
      Participant

I’m having a busy and stressful day today which has been made worse by lack of sleep. I had a really bad nightmare about one of my abusers. Its incredibly frustrating that the issues they left me with even follow me into my sleep. I wish i could have consistent relaxing nights. Dose anyone here have similar issues? If you do how do you cope with it?

fizzylem
      Participant

Yeah it’s a tough one BB, I wake up sometimes stressed and anxious and its on my mind straight away then I’m wide awake with it going round and round in the middle of the night not daring to move. Stuck with it. I’ve started putting a podcast on and listening to that or some piano music, sound tracks stuff, or sometimes a meditation, although I find I need to be calm to begin with really for meditations.

I think this tells us you have unresolved thoughts and feelings doesn’t it, so I’m guessing that if you can resolve these in your waking hours you may find some peace at night too.

I try to set myself up for a good sleep as well, lots of exercise and camomile tea at bed time x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content