Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Wateringcan
      Participant

Somebody said to me last week “well the worst has happened so now you can move on”. It keeps replaying in my mind.. now i can move on??
      I wish it was that simple tbh. Out of all the types of abuse i received the emotional and the psychological abuse was the worst thing imaginable. Being inside your own head with that being controlled by someone else is torture. It doesn’t leave you.. you leave the relationship, you leave him behind but those thoughts, those words, those voices, the images, the scenarios, the guilt, paranoia, the doubt, the hate for yourself, the pain… the emptiness. That feeling off nothing it comes back when you least expect it. You think your doing well and your coping better than ever then along comes that voice, his face in your head, a bunch of different emotions overwhelm you, you cry for hours and then you, well I .. i feel nothing <\3

gettingtired
      Participant

Hi wateringcan, whoever said that does not understand at all. I don’t think anyone who hasn’t been through domestic abuse truly understands.
      I totally agree that the emotional and psychological abuse is the worst. At times I have even felt like I’d like to be p*inched in the face rather than mentally tormented. I’m sure that is a sick thought to be having.
      I’m afraid I can’t advise you much as I’m still with my abusive partner, struggling to think of how I will ever leave.
      I’m glad you’ve got out, you sound very strong xx

Enoughsenoughs
      Participant

Hi so have very recently left my abusive relationship and I can sympathise with you I don’t no how I feel one minute I feel relieved the next I’m sobbing and feeling guilty for leaving and upsetting the children part of me thinks should I of stayed and just tried to cope with it the best I could and the other part of my couldn’t be a slave with designer hand bags, he used always tell everyone how he treated me so well and would buy me expensive gifts and everyone use tell me how lucky I was to have such a romantic loving husband lol little did they no that I was actually his slave who was so tired I didn’t no how to put one foot In front of the other anyway I’m out of it and hoping that each day gets a little bit easier and I don’t no how to get away from memories maybe I just need to come to terms with what he done and learn from it and never put myself or children in that situation again. I don’t no but I do completely no where your coming from and hopefully in time we will heal and be able to enjoy life again and get a happy simple life x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content