Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Freedomwarrior
      Participant

Hi I am new to the forum and it is difficult to know where to begin.I have been in multiple abusive relationships throughout my adulthood and could never figure out why. after attending the freedom programme and having intense counselling the reason being that I could not form healthy relationships in adulthood is childhood trauma. This manifesed itself in such a way that I accepted the abuse because I had low self esteem and lacked belief and confidence in myself and thought that was all I was worth . Now let me tell you I am worth something and I respect myself and I owe it to me . I am somebody’s daughter,mother,sister and I will no longer permit myself or my children to be abused . I have to be a role model for them and end this cycle of abuse .

In my last domestically abusive relationship the abuse was so harrowing that I am still suffering from the effects (detail removed by moderator) years on .Thats how damaging abuse can be .

I am sat here frightened for the consequences because I have not complied (detail removed by moderator) that I meet my ex face to face with our daughter (age removed by moderator) . Contact has always been facilitated through a contact centre.
      Despite gp letters saying it will have a detrimental effect on my mental health (detail removed by moderator)he still insists it should go ahead .
      I am frightened of the consequences but I am frightened of my ex and I will not see him again for him to abuse me further.

I am wondering if anyone has been in my situation. I feel it is against my human rights to force me to see my abusive ex again .

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi freedomfighter,
      what an amazing name you have chosen. It conjures up such strong pictures in my mind.(detail removed by moderator) I pray you find the strength to make it through your forced meeting. Is there any way you can pretend he doesnt get to you. Its so hard to put makeup on and dress better, weve been so used to being invisible. By not appearing confident and strong he wins, by turning up without our armour, he wins. YOU choose how you want to be seen. With a name like freedom fighter,choose the armour. And f..k him!!
      Blessings to you and your daughter, cos youre so right when you say youre her role model.
      Hoping my strength comes through to you
      IWMB đź’•đź’•

Freedomwarrior
        Participant

Dear Iwantmeback .
        Thanks so much for your words of advice and support it means so much .

I don’t know your story but it is my faith that has helped to keep me strong. I will always remember you in my prayers .

I did not meet him today as I will not permit him to abuse me further.i am going to arrange for a third party to do the handovers .I am even thinking of setting up something for people who are in my predicament that do not want to see their abusers face to face .

Maybe when I am emotionally stronger I might meet him .

How anyone can think that these (removed by moderator) dominating,abusive , psycopathic individuals have anything meaningful and healthy to offer their children is beyond me.

We have to keep fighting
        Love
        Kind regards
        Freedomwarrior

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear FreedomWarrior

Just to say sending you strength and hope for better for you. I know that harm to mother is something court had to take account of in our case, you would think wouldn’t you that would be enough to prevent the little ones having tobfae him!!

Warmest wishes ts

Twisted Sister
      Participant

*To see him

Freedomwarrior
      Participant

Dear Twisted sister thanks for your reply .
      It is so sad how abusers are able to manipulate the court system .
      Keep strong x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content