Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Watersprite
      Participant

Some weird things happened. Not even sure it is a thing an inspector phoned me they are not sure either. It’s being taken seriously which is a good thing. It Maybe nothing in fact we don’t think it is but it has still panicked me. It’s thrown me My sleeps gone off I’m overwhelmed I just haven’t got the capacity to endure it again. I’ve been so brave but there is only so much one family can take. What if it’s all starting again – sorry just need to vent

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hey Watersprite, I am unsure of what’s happened so I apologise (it is so hard when you can only write gyst of what’s happened) so I am guessing

An inspector rang you, you do not know why and rang back to be told that they do not know why either? Is that it or am I completely wrong?

I am trying to understand what’s happened lovely xx

Watersprite
      Participant

Thank you for reply sorry I’m not explaining it – there has been another incident that police are looking at stalking and harassment of a very serious nature and would also mean he’s found our address again. I can’t write why but particularly devious like him ! or there could be another explanation. The inspector is not sure but police are trying to work it out. I think the other explanation is more likely and so does the inspector So I’m overreacting really but cant help it I’m right back to those terrorised days

Hereforhelp
        Participant

Watersprite, it is totally understandable and relatable why your anxiety has increased at the thought of him knowing your address, you have already been through so much and need some peace!

Is your new home linked to your police station, kick Box or alarms in place? If not you can ask the police for these as safety precautions which might ease your mind a little? You are not overreacting, we tend to be programmed by our partners that we ‘over react/over sensitive…. or as mine liked to say after being nasty and I would be upset ‘(detail removed by moderator)’ … left me feeling like an awful person who was just OTT… turned out it was his way of stopping me taking his abuse seriously with the finger pointed at me! Pah these men are all so similar it is ridiculous isn’t it..

If you feel unsafe pls let your station know as they can be there to help you feel safe, you deserve to feel safe wherever you are now lovely x
        Sending love and strength your way ❤️

My home is still linked to the police as he has gone MIA which is a concern so I can understand your concerns I really can x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Watersprite

Its completely understandable, that feeling of panic at the thought that he’s found you again, and its completely normal to suffer this level of reaction after all the abnormal treatment you have suffered.

I really hope that it is nothing, as you both suspect. Unfortunately, neither of you is able to take anything for granted because of who he is so its important to keep safe, and to manage your anxiety about it in the best way you can. Obviously sharing it here is one way, and hopefully you will be feeling at least some relief for having someone to bring it, but also try to do anything else that you feel helps you at times of anxiety, thats safe with thispotentially increased threat.

Do you have additional safety measures in your property (camera’s, extra locks, and so on)?

Sending you strength for this very difficult time xx

warmest wishes

ts

Watersprite
      Participant

Thank you twisted sister and here for help both so much for your replies and normalising my reaction! I think the fear of over reacting is like you said down to all the conditioning over the years. It helps to know we are not alone tho I’m sorry here for help you can relate. We have the additional safety measures and I feel watchful but calmer again. A DI is calling when they have more answers.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content