Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

I am getting divorced my solicitor advised me to mediation. Though nervous I did, he has been given more than one chance to go but has refused. Apart from the added expense of court is there any other way to sort this out?

tobehappy
      Participant

Mediation is not recommended where there has been abuse. I have had a couple of sessions and he is not playing ball. Won’t provide essential paperwork etc. I have just started to look into arbitration but I think this is also something that you both have to agree to do. I think it works out cheaper than court and the person can make decisions for you (again I think). I don’t know anyone who has done this though.

I hope you find something suitable and I would also be interested to hear what others think as there is a lot of knowledge and experience on this forum! 🙂 Good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content