Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Mumaoftwo
      Participant

So my husband(ex) handed notice on the house we are renting
      I’ve now got a couple of months to find somewhere for me and two kids. whilst still living in this hell with his financial abuse and emotional. He told me I wouldn’t nearly be homeless if I’d just do as I was told.
      Local council wont house me because I’m not in immediate danger from my husband. What am I going to tell my kids when we have no where to go. I feel like I’m failing them. Like they would be better of without me
      What a mess

KIP.
      Participant

Are you in touch with your local women’s aid? They helped me with housing and perhaps they can assist you in getting the house in your name. He can leave. They can also help with a refuge for you and the kids. You don’t have to go through this alone. Are you positive he’s handed in the notice on the house as my ex was a liar and always full of bull trying to upset me..

Mumaoftwo
      Participant

Yeah and I cant stay because I wont be able to pay the rent even with help. I’m meeting a floating support worker. The local council have told me I’m not a priority. Even if I go in temp housing I’m still I’m the same situation and have to private rent and I have no one to guarantor and no one will accept the council scheme 😩

KIP.
      Participant

I wonder if your landlord would be flexible? Let you stay there for a few months until you get somewhere sorted? What’s your relationship like with the landlord? Do you think they would help you out? I know I’m not being much use but I’m trying to think outside the box. Do you have any family you could go to? Your kids will never be better off without you. Put that thought right out your head. Any local charities that might help with a deposit for a place or go guarantor. Have you rang shelter for advice?

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Can you go to family or friends until you get your situation sorted out legally and financially? I agree with KIP, don’t even go there with thinking your kids are better off without you, they know and understand every single effort you are taking to keep them safe. Just think of yoursel for now and where and what would make you feel the safest so you can think of a move what to do next. In any case call as much support as possible, WA to start with for sure, Rights of Women too, knock on as many doors as possible, one will open and help you. Keep strong, you’re doing well. Sending you strength

Fudgecake
      Participant

If you look on the Shelter website it gives good advice about homelessness and how to avoid it.
      There are a lot of conditions regarding homelessness and local councils. They do have an obligation not to see you homeless but there are conditions you need to meet – particularly not letting yourself become voluntarily homeless and how to avoid the pitfalls of doing that. It’s worth a read – good advice.

My guess too is that he is lying about handing in the notice.
      It is difficult for you to think straight in this situation perhaps.
      Until you have seen the piece of paper – cancelling the contract
      (or spoken to your landlord). Don’t fall for this (or other) lies.

The purpose of the lies at his end is to intimidate you further.
      wish you strength in this
      ftc
      x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content