Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Watersprite
      Participant

Has anyone got a non mol extended? What was your experience ? Just don’t know if I have enough reason from recent behaviour to extend. He STILL won’t leave us be clever stuff doesn’t meet the threshold to arrest but I’m afraid when this ends with various other massive processes ongoing without this in place the bad stuff will happen again. Thank you for reading x

KIP.
      Participant

You could argue that the non mol needs to stay because that’s all that’s preventing him from harrassment again. You can also get your solicitor to write a letter if the non mol isn’t extended that any breaches of that order as it stood will be taken to court and the letter will be used as evidence to obtain a further non mol.

Watersprite
      Participant

Thank you I will speak to a solicitor. I’m certain social services and iDVA would write a letter of support too as they worried – would that help do you think? I just worry if they refuse to extend it he will think he can get away with anything again. Thanks Kip

Icecreamsundae
      Participant

Are you able to persuade him to make an undertaking to mirror the terms of the non mol? You can argue that you still feel
      Vulnerable, and will have to seek an extension of the non mol otherwise, and if he doesn’t intend to cause you harm, then shouldn’t object to making the undertaking. You would need to pay to draft it.

I don’t know how easy it is to get an extension of an order, but my solicitor seemed content we had good enough evidence from the breaches he made trying to speak to me during child contact, which showed his attitude.

It can be really unnerving when you’re coming up to the end date, good luck!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content