Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Autumnique
      Participant

Well after posting a positive moment yesterday… Whilst (detail removed by moderator) my ex came out of nowhere he tried to speak so I told him to get lost and threatened him with the police. Thankfully an old friend was walking not so far behind me but who knows what he would have done if I was totally alone. I’ve been told he’s bee having imaginary phone calls with me in front of people even tho they noticed his phone was switched off and I’ve had zero contact since I left him. His mental health really worries me as I don’t know what he’s capable of. The domestic abuse policewoman feared for my safety but during my diary appointment with a police man I was made to feel I was a nuisance for being there and kept asking why I was there and laughed the threats of as “most men tell lies” I have to ring 999 if he tries to harm me again. But turning up out of nowhere is still scary. Do I have grounds for a non molestation order? Xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, I would contact the domestic abuse police again. Preferably the woman you spoke to the first time. They may be able to issue him with a warning. Rights for Women offer free legal,advice or you could speak to a local solicitor about a non mol order. I would say you have grounds. The helpline number on here can advise you too. You need to emphasise your fear and distress and real concerns for your personal safety. You may need to get Statements from your old friend and the friends who saw him pretending to get a call from you. I would hope a police warning would be enough but keep a log of all contact. Times, dates, witnesses.

Autumnique
      Participant

Thanks for your advice KIP I have started to keep a journal of incidences, times, dates, etc ive also contacted a stalking helpline tonight .my ex is actually very brave as my sons are gunning for him. He knows I can ring the police if he approaches me but he seems to be defiant.Don’t want my sons confronting him and getting into trouble but when the police aren’t helping my sons are getting frustrated.Im so happy in life now and I just want him to leave me alone xx

KIP.
      Participant

Even more reason to go down the legal route for the sake of your sons. Let them see you take back control. Make sure you talk to the domestic abuse police, always. I know the police are only human but some of them simply don’t understand the dangers and dynamics of abusers. Your ex doesn’t believe you will act. He’s got away with his behaviour for so long he thinks he’s immune. And they also do not like to be rejected. To be told no. Just stay safe and stay alert and keep shouting loudly x

Autumnique
      Participant

Thanks for your support and your good advice KIP very much appreciated xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content