Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rainbows
      Participant

hello, new to the forum. been advised I could get a non molestation order and just wondered if there are others who have got this while still being in the same house?
      was also wondering the costs of it too.

Serenity
      Participant

I got a non-mol, but when he had done a flit. A hurriedly got it to prevent him coming back.

In any case, I advise contacting the National Centre for Domestic Violence ( NCDV).

They phone you up and state a statement and type it up for you and serve it to him, all for £100.

Or they can email you the template, and you can do it yourself for much less/ free.

This will be an ex parte non mol ( as they all are initially), meaning they give you a court date where he has a right to turn up and contest it.

Mine contested it, and it was eventually turned in to an Undertaking- but that’s ok, he’s still not permitted to come near me. x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Rainbows,

Welcome to the forum. We are looking forward to hearing your story. I am pleased to see that you have already had some good advice. I just wanted to follow with the details for the National Centre for Domestic Violence http://www.ncdv.org.uk You can also call them on 08009702070.

Good luck and please keep posting.

Best wishes,

Lisa

LemonPie
      Participant

Thanks to the original poster for asking this. The advice given has really helped me, I’ve just made an application to ncdv for help (detail removed by Moderator) . Fingers crossed I can get one. I just want to move on with my life and he seems intent on putting a stop to that.

Serenity
      Participant

Lemon Pie, the NCDV were absolutely fantastic and saved my life! x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content