Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SunshineOne
      Participant

Death threats. Police held on to evidence for 6 months. Now told that there is a 6 month time limit that has now expired, so nothing they can do? Is this correct? I have never heard of a time limit on this.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Sunshineone, I can’t advise on this, but thinking if he’s not threatened anything within those 6 months that’s why they can’t continue. Have you tried to contact Rights for women, not sure How long it’ll take to get through though. because you’ve already reported him and he’s ‘known’ to the police as such, if you’ve to contact them again they’ll take your call seriously.
      Stay safe 💞💞

KIP.
      Participant

Victim Support have a helpline. I’d speak to them and also make a complaint against the police for missing this deadline for prosecution. A Non molestation order is a civil court matter so I’d speak to women’s aid and ask for advice from the national domestic abuse helpline. I know there are certain time limits for certain crimes so it’s wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content