Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ichooselife
      Participant

Hi all, I’ve recently taken out a non-molestation order due to ex-husband constantly coming into my and my kids home for no reason and intimidating me. My problem bow is i cant have any contact with him whatsoever and he has alot of stuff here that i need him to move. I’m in a no win situation as i can’t/don’t want to see him or come near us but i need his stuff gone. Has anyone ever been in the same situation and can help? X

KIP.
      Participant

Can you remove all his belongings to a friend or relative? Get a man and van if there’s lots?

Ichooselife
      Participant

My solicitor advised me to send a letter stating a time and date to pick up his belongings but he didn’t send anyone and i cant afford to pay for a van as have had nearly £1000 of his rent arrears to pay off ☹

KIP.
      Participant

Can you phone a friend of his or a family member to take his stuff. A member of my family eventually dumped everything at his new address. Can you ask your solicitor if you can now dump it all since he did not turn up? I would think you have the right to dump it all now if he has had notice and hasn’t collected it. If so bin it all or see if a charity will uplift. He will leave it there as long as he can because he sees it as a hook and excuse for contact so my advice is to dump it all as soon as possible. The quickest way is to get the ok from your solicitor x

fizzylem
      Participant

Sell it, skip it or gift it to the local charity; you gave him the opportunity to collect it and he hasn’t. Personally, I would be trying to get some of that rent money back from the sale of any items – because you’re never going to see that again are you. Good idea to check with solicitor if you’re free to dispose of it seeing as you have access to his advice x

Ichooselife
      Participant

I don’t think i can touch it as because he has contested the non-mol i have to go back to court. He has spies everywhere and each time I’ve been in some sort of mediation or meeting he’s known my every move so am scares stiff that he’s going to use it against me and the court will side with him and he will win xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

You have rights here so find out what they are. Yes, you have his things there, he needs to have them so find out from police and/or your solicitor how that needs to be arranged. There needs to be a set date/time, he can’t just pop by unannounced or when he feels like it. You can’t be alone when he does. I think the police can accompany him. It needs to be done in one load, no coming back and back either. This is your time, your safety, your rules. Again here, he has you going in circles afraid of this and that. Turn it around on him. No, no, not doing it. This is the time/date, be here. It can’t, must not be all about him and him being able to change the rules and boundaries all the time. And then find out what to do if he doesn’t come and get his stuff? Then can you get rid of it? I’d have whoever gives you advice here to send it to you in email so it’s not misunderstood by anyone later. He needs to be told by your solicitor to his so he can’t say oh I didn’t know, or this or that either. I’d get a copy of that as well in writing. It’s his stuff so he needs to be about it here. Typical behavior, digging in his heels, trying to make everything as difficult as possible, keeping him on edge so end that. Take your control back.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content