Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hopesprings
      Participant

Hi ladies,

I’ve been going through some old things on my phone lately, I don’t know why but for some reason some text messages between him and myself were on there. I must have had at least 2 phones since then so can’t underhand why. Anyway I looked at them and honestly I just feel so sad for that version of me, does that make sense? Like looking at me getting sucked into these petty arguments, begging and pleading with him to leave (this was when he had weaselled his way back in after assaulting me for the last time) and just all the nonsense I was putting up with. I honestly feel I would never even put up with one second of that now. So I guess in a way it was sad and also a sort of reassurance that I have actually come far. I’ve not really dated much since, I have dipped my toe in here and there. Even a couple of years after I got out I was dating someone who was red flag central. I ignored these feelings, but I got out of that quickly than I would have done say the year before. And now it’s a long time gone, and I know my worth truly, and know that when the time is right for me there will be a good man out there. Because yes they’re all trash, but I have hope I will find my golden wrapper in there. Sorry for the long rambling post. Much love to you all ladies.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Hopesprings, I too haven’t been on in a while. Your post is so reassuring that we do get stronger and yes I get why you were sad for the woman you were, but you’re not her now💪 it’s also Good to read that we can listen to our gut and follow up on it. I can’t see me ever dating, I don’t want that level of intimacy with anyone bar my oh, who can’t/ won’t change. I will never trust anyone enough to truly feel safe and relaxed with them. I know now I don’t need a man to feel whole 😏
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

Hopesprings
      Participant

💕

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content