Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      BraveStrongSmart
      Participant

Feeling completely deflated tonight. It’s been so long since leaving my abusive relationship and it’s still in my mind. Still being brought up by people closest to me. Still mentioned around me. Still being blamed for everything.

How does it all go away?
      Does it go away?

Every day has been a difficult battle, you know?

I’ve finally met someone new and it’s been the best experience ever. I’m just so scared they’ll leave me. I just feel so broken and so used by everyone.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi BraveStrongSmart,

I’m really sorry to hear you’re feeling so low at the moment. You say it’s been so long but actually, in the grand scheme of things, it’s not been that long since you got out of this relationship (just thinking about how long you’ve been on the forum for). You’ve come an incredibly long way since then and this healing process is never going to look the same for everyone.

I think the recovery journey can take time, at times it can be frustrating and might feel like you’re not moving forwards but do keep reaching out for support. I’m sorry that the people around you aren’t being more supportive- you’re never to blame for an abusers behaviour. Can you talk to them about how you’re feeling? Would it make sense for you to have some distance from them whilst you’re still processing everything?

I can’t remember if you got in touch with your local Women’s Aid group- could you reach out to them now for more support? Maybe a support group might help? Or speaking with your GP about some counselling?

Try to be patient and kind with yourself, and do keep posting on here for support,

Lisa

BraveStrongSmart
      Participant

Hey Lisa,
      Thanks for that! I’ve been speaking with close friends who’ve helped a lot and found some things to keep me proactive and focussed on something more positive.
      I will get in touch with my counsellors and try speaking with them for more support.
      Thanks!

Watersprite
      Participant

Just wanted to say yep agreed it’s so hard it takes so long and it is a trauma response – pleased you have support x It sounds like you are having glimpses of a bright future. I try and focus on those put your energies into you celebrate you and be very gentle on yourself. It helps me on bad days to remind myself how far I have come – unrecognisable 💪 still struggle but that’s ok it passes x you are a survivor

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content