Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Nolove
      Participant

I am absolutely petrified. I heard someone talking on the phone, a staff member at the refuge, I wasn’t ear wigging but I can hear conversations outside the front because my flat is at the front and I’m sure I heard my name mentioned and the relation I had with my abuser, it was my mum and I heard the staff member saying we can’t really send someone back too their abuser after they have come to refuge or it could of been the opposite and saying I can’t stay here..my anxiety is so high rn and I’m petrifed too petrified to approach a staff member rn. I’ve got to sit with these thoughts now. So basically I’m still not free of my abuser, she is still trying to be malicious. I feel like no-one believes me and my paranoia is sky rocketing rn. I feel like I might burst into tears. Idk what to do..

KIP.
      Participant

Hey thats your paranoia talking. Catastrophising. I used to do that. If they haven’t talk to you about it then I doubt it was anything to do with you but I’m sure if you explain your anxiety they will be very sympathetic. If you dont want to say you overheard their call, you could just ask if there were any updates for you. As you say they can’t send you back to an abuser x stay strong and don’t let these negative thoughts take hold z💕

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content