Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi

This may seem trivial but I don’t know when to change my status on a social media site or just leave it?

Ta xx

Puffin
      Participant

Hi
      I am not really sure what you mean. I think that you mean relationship status. If you do this is what I did. I changed all of the settings to private, removed my ex, his family and friends and then just removed my relationship status so it didn’t say anything not that I was single or anything.
      I know people who have left social media sites and then set up new, private profiles. I might do that.
      Xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Puffin

Thats just what I meant and that sound ideal, once I am settle I will change my name to my maiden name so many do that then.

Thank you some much great advice 🙂

Hopesprings
      Participant

I changed mine pretty soon after it all happened. I wanted to erase it from my life. I’ve only recently deleted and blocked his friends and family had to be done I feel. Makes me sad to think I won’t see some of his friends again as they were nice people. Anyway just take things at your own pace xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Mine isn’t on social media sites nor is most of his friends so that’s not an issue. But our daughter and her boyfriend used it as a way to play mind games with me, but I don’t want to wash my dirty washing in public and I enjoy going on there to escape, in the end she block me and I block him. Her partner is a big abuser as her farther.

KIP.
      Participant

I changed my status to separated. Changed my profile picture to a domestic violence poster and haven’t been back on. At least any future partners can’t say they weren’t warned. WA advise not to post on social media if the perp may use the information (mine would) so I just email when needed. As the other poster said, take it slowly❤️

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thanks kip.

I haven’t put anything about my situation on line. This site is the only one I open up on.

At least here if I put something on that could put me at risk Lisa removes it 😊

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content