Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Chasingrainbows
      Participant

So, he’s been gone a little while, but not REALLY gone as got kids few times after school as I’ve got work, comes back to do washing and get stuff, tells kids he hopes to be home soon etc.

I feel bad I sort of led him to believe it was a temporary option him moving out…. Due to risk of Covid19 from me and girls (I didn’t want him to not be able to work if one of us bought it home as he’s (detail removed by Moderator)) but also as his mental health had finally become too much for me to handle. I really thought it was a temporary option. I truly thought if he got his s**t together we could start again.

However, now he’s gone although it’s hard I feel a huge weight lifted. I feel free to do what I like and want and what’s best for kids.

BUT…. My Mum is not too sympathetic towards me keeps saying I must support my husband as he’s lovely and it’s not his fault he’s ill. Also because he is coming round he keeps saying stuff like (detail removed by Moderator) and stuff like that. He sent me suicidal texts (detail removed by Moderator) so I’m scared to push him too much as the chance of him going back to that state are high. I suppose I just feel pressured now by him and my Mum and the kids missing him. My youngest is struggling now with him coming and going again each week to see her.

KIP.
      Participant

Please do not allow him back. You need to be strong and healthy for your children and allowing him back home will destroy you and make you unable to be the best mum you can be. Worry about your own mental health because he won’t. If your mum is so concerned then let her live with him. Now he’s gone you feel a weight lifted. Allow him back and that weight will feel even heavier and it will be almost impossible to get him out again. Set a routine for the kids when they know they will see him if that makes it easier. He’s saying these things about coming home deliberately. Manipulation again. It will be worse this time when he comes back and he will punish you and you won’t see it coming. Hold on to the control you have x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content