Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Of the relationship I’m looking back on how he were…I have to say some of his behaviour were quite disturbing. Calling myself and his ex by animal names. He used to call himself an animal name at times and write it on greetings cards. He cane out with statements like “people in public will think he’s (detail removed by moderator) “. And he once said to his son while we were walking “how I believe anything”.his son has special needs. And how there’s a job going in (detail removed by moderator) and the white coats included meaning I’m mad….. he said thus so casual and calmly like it were nothing. That together with what I learned from his ex wife the red flags were there he really played me. He had a (detail removed by moderator) in his hallway and he used to pretend to (detail removed by moderator) with his son who’s a teenager I found this very strange it’s really frightened me mote than ever now I’ve ended it xx

Watersprite
      Participant

Well done for getting out. His behaviour sounded bizarre and horrible gaslighting. It so so hard to leave these relationships. He will never change he did the same to his ex wife to you and sadly probably others in the future. It is frightening when we leave and have space and time to understand and process what we went through. Keep no contact to keep yourself physically and mentally safe – now you can start to build a safe life and look forwards. Have you got support? X

Grey Rock
      Participant

Yes. I think when we’re there were so busy treading on eggshells that we can’t think clearly. Also the insanity and abusiveness just becomes the norm. Once were away and can think clearly we start to see things more clearly.

The Freedom Program is a great place to unpick those memories with support and with other ladies who have experienced similar. It was a massive help for me in recovering emotionally and mentally from the experience of being controlled and coerced by a n*****e at best and abusive raging n********t at worst.

Dr Ramani YouTube videos also helped me understand what went on and reduced the risk if me allowing contact again.

Glad you’re here and posting and that you’re away from the situation.

GR x

Bee1
      Participant

I very much relate to the wide eyed realisation of the endured behaviour patterns once you get out and you can see more clearly. The muddle in the mind was so very confusing. I can’t believe what I put up with now I’m out of it.
      I started to write a list of all his episodes I could remember, it helped alot, and the list was very long, really does bring some necessary perspective that makes your sense of peace much stronger.
      Not a day goes by when I don’t truly appreciate my peace now, in the smallest little things. Gratitude is a wonderful thing.
      Wishing you much strength and healing 💓

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content