Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Today I received a no caller ID phonecall, stupidly I answered it, I don’t usually but I was bored. They didn’t say anything so I said hello again and it was my ex crying…. I should have put the phone down there and then but I felt weak. I stayed on the phone for about half an hour and he was saying how sorry he was etc.
      Anyway he is on bail and isn’t allowed to contact me so I feel so confused. I shouldn’t have answered, I shouldn’t have stayed on the phone, I feel such an idiot. What do I do!? 🙁 (detail removed by Moderator) No way do I forgive him for the physical abuse but what happens now? Will I get in trouble for staying on the phone? 🙁

KIP.
      Participant

I would report this breach of bail right away. Ring 101 and report it. You don’t know if he’s recorded it and will say you rang him. Please never ever underestimate these men. You need to set boundaries now and stick to them or they see it as a green light to continue contact. I can tell you my ex was crying and pleading with me and all the while seeing another woman behind my back. The crying and pleading was manipulation and pity for himself. You won’t get into trouble. The police and courts see this all the time. It’s not your fault and bail conditions are there to stop this kind of manipulation. He is not your responsibility x

KIP.
      Participant

When my ex was on bail I reported every single time. It shows a pattern of behaviour and when court is over it will be easier to get a non harassment order if needed.

Angel of the north
      Participant

I would report it to the investigating officer straight away. If you can’t get in touch then call 101,give the operator you crime number and ask for it a to be logged and the a investigating officer to be made aware. He is trying to make you feel guilty by crying and it obviously worked to a point because you stayed on the phone. It’s manipulative behaviour.

Don’t blame yourself for answering your phone!! And don’t worry about him saying you rang him because the police can obtain phone records which would prove otherwise.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content