Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      iwillbeok
      Participant

So i found two boxes of letters from when we first got together years & years (& some more years!) ago.

I have just finished reading the box of letters from me to him and I’m exhausted. Talk about tedious – simpering, gushy nonsense. They had the emotional maturity of a 14 year old!
      Full of I miss you, I’m not complete when you’re not around, begging for letters from him. I wanted to reach back in time and give young me a good shake. I was definitely too young for this relationship, and defjnitely too young to get married. I was so naive & clueless!

You may wonder why this is in Positive Moments? I felt not a twinge of nostalgia, not a hint of missing him (even this old him that I was completely besotted with). I’m so completely out of love with him. I am feeling stronger now to move on with divorce proceedings so i can be completely free of him, and move on with my lifd without a backward glance.

iwillbeok
      Participant

Oh and apart from a select few to put in my journal, they’ve all gone in the recycling!

😃 feeling free & loving it!!

Suntree
      Participant

iwillbeok I know that feeling. It is lovely to get to it isn’t it and it shows to ourselves that we have come a long, long way from the abuse.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Its good to look back and see how for we have come.

Here’s to the future you deserve.

FS xx

Dragonfly
      Participant

I had a similar experience. I kept a diary. It was all about him and how I could make him better. That went in the bucket. I wasn’t even young and foolish when I wrote all that guff. I was astounded with myself. What happened to the strong individual I once was?? Well she’s coming back now 😀😀

Nova
      Participant

Good post amazing to look back…See all the time & love invested in them… I too found​ some old letters recently of when we met years ago I kept them. Young and a bit obsessed he was even then… Didn’t know years later what was in store for me. The love bombing is quite a maniplative and convincing tool of the abuser isn’t it!

How are we to know that it’s all an act of control.
      Now we all know their tool kit and red flags we are empowered against that toxic drivel!!

Thank G for that!

Cx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content