Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

The bathroom at my other house I used some mould spray as they were slight bit of damp. I’d done a good job then he walked upstairs and said uv not f.ing done it right by the way the house he were raised in wernt fit for a dog he got an old toothbrush and said il show u how it’s done and starting being very thorough cleaning between the tiles I were stunned but sadly were the norm. X

Serenity
      Participant

They have a need to put you down and show you that you’re not up to scratch.

I could list endless situations like this which my ex carried out.

Examples are:

-Changing the gear of the car whilst I was driving
      (yes, really )

– Turning the indicator on for me whilst I was driving

– Coming home and turning the hob down and stirring the food with a critical look, whilst I was cooking

– Running his fingers critically over any paint work I had done and saying I had made a pig’s ear of it

They need to make out they are better than us, and do this by making us feel rubbish.

betterdays
        Participant

Yes serenity he commented on my driving he were saying your oversteering around corners u will know about it when u crash judging gaps at roundabouts it were that bad I used to just let him drive as I couldn’t cope with the hassle x

Serenity
      Participant

Ditto- I always let him drive. I couldn’t bear his running commentary as a backseat driver.

Ayanna
      Participant

He yelled at me and cursed me and called me names when we were driving. Once I wanted to jump out of the car in the midst of a motorway.

betterdays
        Participant

Hi ayanna I always felt fearful full Stop in a car with him. He once tried driving me and his son who were really young at the time into a wall he said fk it might aswell drive us all into a wall it wernt first time (detail removed by Moderator) x

Ayanna
        Participant

Omg, my ex speeded for no reason. He enjoyed my anxiety. I do not enter a car anymore. I just cannot, because of the way he treated me whenever we were driving.

White Rose
      Participant

Oh this got me remembering and quaking! I used to get the parlour maid inspection by the butler about my cleaning. Drove me absolutely bonkers especially the bathroom and that b****y toothbrush. Scrubbing brush covers a larger surface area so its much quicker.
      Towards the end when I just gave up on life never mind cleaning I’d get “you need to clean the floor/cooker/shower” and I’d just say “the cleaning stuffs in the cupboard” it never worked!
      He thought I knew nothing about cars – brake light bulb went he noticed when I drove off and texted me. I got a new one and changed it. Got home he demanded my keys and said he was going to sort the light out even when I said I’d done it he still checked it and found fault with it goodness knows how if as easier than doing a bulb in a lamp at home.
      I never drove anywhere in my last 5 years with him. Couldn’t stand the stress and criticism instead I sat while he criticised everyone else and then smirked on the two occasions he reversed into someone as he wasn’t paying attention.
      Now I enjoy driving and clean without stress and feel good when my house is clean!

OMG! Every time I drive with my son in the car he constantly comments on my driving…Please don’t make me think he will be like his dad…

When I give my son some advice etc, I instantly get a look of utter superiority in my son’s eyes and his comment is ”you have absolutely no right to tell me what to do, I am an adult”. He will push past me with his head held high and will swear at me if I insist a little, to make him understand any point, no matter how quickly I do so.

My son also comments generally on women’s driving skills saying they are all rubbish. He has a huge sense of superiority indeed. He talks to his sisters like they are rubbish, yet at times he can be quite gentle and helpful to them.

Tell me that’s just him being young…It worries me, yet I have noticed this look in his eyes, this air of superiority, his condescending comments, he also made dreadful remarks to me when his dad was humiliating me a few months ago and they both laughed at me so much, mocking me, joking between themselves about me…It was so hurtful.

White Rose
      Participant

Does your son drive BJIF? If not I’d stop and ask him to get out of the car. If he does and has insurance stop and get him to switch roles with you, he can drive you criticize!

Ayanna
      Participant

Omg, Bridget, these are the signs! How can you stop this? He is already above any advice from women. Do not put up with this. x*x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content