Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      IndianaEagle
      Participant

Hi All,
      Following on from my beginning to understand what is happening to me and why I feel and act the way I do I’m wondering if any of you are like me and learn from reading books?

If a book has really helped you then could you share the title here. I feel like I need to understand what I’ve been putting up with for decades in a bid to get myself out of it! Does that make sense?

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, Living With The Dominator by Pat Craven
      Why Does He Do That by Lundy Bancroft.
      Evan Stark is the author. He has a best selling book and also published papers on coercive control. Hes in podcasts too.
      I also found reading about n**********c behaviour very useful x
      Knowledge Is Power KIP x

IndianaEagle
      Participant

Thank you KIP those are all really useful. I agree that knowledge is power.x*x

diymum@1
      Participant

the verbally abuse relationship by patricia evans and the second encouragement book why does he do that by lundy bancroft is very comforting to read xx

diymum@1
      Participant

also when love is a lie zari ballard xx

fizzylem
      Participant

Yes n********t abuse for sure – helped me the most – loads of stuff on-line x

she-ra
      Participant

Can second living with a dominator. I went through it with a highlighter so I could remember all the bits he did to me. It was like reading about my life and really helped me understand that he would never every change.

I’ve bought when dad hurts mum but I’m not brave enough to read it yet and face the effects it will have had on my children. I also bought operation lighthouse but found that harder to read.

Also lots of n********t stuff on the internet and followed hastags on instagram if he doesn’t have access to your phone or account.

They really helped me see the light xxxx

teabag
      Participant

Why does he do that has been so helpful in understanding his abuse. It also highlighted things I had repressed and the gamesvthet olay

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content