Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #15362

      I spent every penny of savings I had (£250) on a solicitor to get advice on where I stand legally with support my partner HAS to give me if I leave. The answer was.. none. SO I went today to see the Womens Aid group at my local council to ask about services from the council if I leave. They said I should be entitled to income support, even now because next month is my last month of income and I have a 1 yo and another child. They gave me the address to look it up etc and now I have it turns out I dont qualify if I still live with him because he has more than (detail removed by Moderator)k in savings!!!! I have no money, pay for all the children’s things including the limited childcare we have. Next month I will have no income at all and I am entitled to nothing because we live together… but they dont understand that ‘living together’ doesnt mean we are a team.. a unit… he wont pay my bills etc. I feel like either I stay and have NOTHING or I have to, HAVE to leave and then I will have to fight for my life for a TINY something… just to feed my kids and get a roof over our heads?!

    • #15367

      Try the job centre re income support. hope you get it sorted x

    • #15390

      Can you go into a refuge?
      If you have no income you do not need to pay for solicitors.
      Do not pay any bills and pester social services that you are starving.
      The support services are dreadful and there is so little help for abused women. You need to make a lot of noise.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content