Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      better days ahead
      Participant

So after a year of sustained and subtle abuse, not so long compared to others, I am celebrating one week of freedom. Most of the time I’m still very strong but don’t think the full impact has hit me yet.
      I am forcing myself to do a little every day to rebuild my life and take back control and I am proud of my self.
      I do wonder how long until it really sinks in and when I am able to sleep without lights on but I am trying to see the positives in every situation and not be too hard on myself. There will be good days and bad days but I am thankful that I have a lot of good friends around me to support me through it all.
      Yes I know I have hard times to come but I am trying to keep up my spirit by reassuring myself that we are all strong and beautiful women who have been put through this by no fault of our own and we are not alone.
      My story will never compare with others who gave been through so much worse but I hope that sites like this can give us all a resource to reassure and support each other when times are hard.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there, keep that positive attitude. It will take time and yes it’s a roller coaster but you can become stronger and wiser from this experience. In the early days I set myself three things a day to do. It could be just shower, out bins out and open a letter. Just take baby steps and be very kind to yourself. Keep posting for support. Sadly these abuser are all very similar so when I came on here the ladies could actually predict my abusers next move. Keep moving forwards x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content