Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Fallingleaf
      Participant

A (detail removed by Moderator) ago we had a massive row which ended up he screaming and shouting in my face he gets very aggressive and come right up to my face when he shouts. Anyway he was so angry that day that he threw something towards me and my kids saw and ended up screaming and crying.
      I since then have moved temporary to my mums as this is not the first time. I have left the kids with him during the week for stability for them.
      A lot has happened since then with social being involved and I kept it a secret from him as I was worried how he would react. But (detail removed by Moderator) I had to tell him as they came to assess the kids and he has the right to know as they were going to call him to discuss.
      So I told him (detail removed by Moderator) and he got angry and he said I was a vindictive bleep as they had asked me questions about how he is with me and he kept saying I have mental issues and I need my head tested?! Coming from someone with a temper issue!
      Have I over reacted? Is this abuse I’m
      Really confused please help me

Grateful
      Participant

It is abuse and part of the abuse is to make you feel confused, like you’re losing your mind.
      Stay away and don’t give in to any ‘hoovering’and soon you will be able to see the tactics they use.
      No contact is best for your recovery if you can manage it.

Tiffany
      Participant

‘You are overreacting and I think you need to see a counselor for your mental health problems’ we the most frequently uttered phrases of my delightful ex-abuser. Turns out I was underreacting and had no mental problems except anxiety brought on by years of abuse… It sounds like you are doing the right things. Try and keep your contact with your abuser to the absolute minimum so that he doesn’t have a chance to manipulate your thinking.

Fallingleaf
      Participant

Thank you both tonight’s been horrid and I have been getting more you crazy and need help phrases.

It’s so draining and it’s so hard for the abuser to see it. They manipulate your mind into thinking you are going crazy and over reacting.

It’s my kids I feel
      Sorry for

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content