Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

I’m having panic attacks I don’t seem to get any resbite work and home are hell.

I can’t see a way out. Just treading water it feels.

I know I will get over there feelings but it’s hard.

Confused123
      Participant

hey hun

sending u hugs , cant really advise u but wanted to know u are been listend to

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Falling Skys,

A big sisterly hug from me to you.

You’re feeling like this because your boundaries are being invaded.

It’s understandable. You’re still in that situation, and you don’t feel safe, you’re constantly being triggered. I imagine the recent upset/ communication with your daughter has made you feel vulnerable.

How is the house sale going? Is there still no way you can move away, or get an occupancy order so he has to go until you sell the house?

I would keep to no contact with your daughter for now- you’re too vulnerable at the moment. Her games are triggering you.

Once you can see what triggers you, you can pull up the drawbridge to protect yourself as much as possible. This will help you to feel less vulnerable and to get your power back.

Daughter or no daughter, she has no right to cause you such distress. You have a right to peace and to be treated with respect.

There are many things which help panic attacks- deep breathing, meditation- but I think what really helps too is physically putting boundaries in place. Have a clear sense of what you want to achieve on the next year in terms of gaining a life of peace fir yourself. Believe you can do it, believe you are worthy and capable of creating a life where you can recover in peace. It’s your right, Falling Skys. You’ve been through enough- you deserve a peaceful future.

Don’t feel too scared to stand up and voice your rights to get out of this situation. x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thanks Con 123 and Serenity

I really need a virtual hug at the moment. You fellow survivors give me the strength to carry on. I know one day I will be free and strong and have the life I deserve.

I have chased my solicitor regarding the house.

I must be one of the longest getting free going…..

FS xx

Lightning-Jet
        Participant

((((((((Hugs)))))))) big virtual hugs for you x

Nova
      Participant

Falling Skys…we are here for you…keep going…panics are awful. I get that a lot, someone suggested focusing on the here and now and looking around you naming 4 things and breathing and listening to just sounds…I get some herbal tea, no caffeine…depends what time of day it is, I count back wards (my ‘go to’ in panic mode)& I listen to music, walk, plan something in my head (takes away the panic focus)…best thing is to distract yourself from the panic/anxiety. Think of somewhere amazing a beautiful beach with palm trees and tropical birds…for instance! (life out there in OUR world )To calm your breathing down.

Hugs Cx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank you cuppa xx

I have been comfort eatting and drinking coke. Going to focus on a healthy diet.

And think on my future with our his negitivity.

Off for soak and earky night.

FS xx

Ayanna
      Participant

I hope you are okay, Falling Skys.
      You are incredibly strong.
      Can you take time off work?
      Some employers are devils when women have domestic abuse problems.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Ayanna

Thank you for kind words, I haven’t been up to coming on site every one seems to be moving on I am stuck with my abuser.

I feel you are all survivors and I’m a fake and shouldn’t be on this site.

Gosh as Im reading back what I’ve written I sound full of self pity time to kick my self up the bum and get on with it.

Wish we could all get together for a freedom party.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

Dont feel liek that you havent moved on , i know i have seen your name on here around the same time i joined or possibly even i was here first, its these abusers that drag it all on, not us , u are mkaing progress even if small, look at me im still pursuing mine , these t***s like to average drag it out for 5 years if they can , ladies who settle in a year or two are lucky but like i said these men will drag and drag us, with each another support we will drag ourselves up and up

Ayanna
      Participant

Falling Skys, you are in a very hard situation and it is important that you post here and discuss with us how you feel and how things are going.

One day this will all be over.

Have you spoken to Rights of Women?

Maybe you can do something to speed everything up? I know how difficult that is and how much courage that requires. How do you feel about the entire situation? Have you reached a point where you are beyond caring?
      I had that feeling of no care anymore at some point and I began to thrush around as wild as I could. I fought against everybody who tried to suppress, minimize, disadvantage me and that was my battle that brought me freedom.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Dear Con & Ayanna

Thank you both, I have had a letter written through solicitors, stating that (detail removed by moderator).

I felt like just walking away but I’m know back into battle mode, I will not left him get away with it any more.

FS xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there. Just a piece of advice when dealing with him through solicitors. I always asked them to put a time limit on a reply from him. I.e. You have two weeks to reply to this letter or we will proceed with court. No reply then straight to court x

Nova
      Participant

Excellent advice a timeline…they drag anything out to increase the anxiety & drama…we know the things they love don’t we ladies! like, not listening, having to be right, controlling, playing the victim…their self obsession knows no boundaries.
      That’s why we have to firmly put them in place to protect our sanity.
      It’s a ongoing mission!

Wishing you a peaceful weekend..try to switch off a little and chill. ( try v hard! Your worth it! ) 🌺

Cx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank you Kip and Cuppa

Things are being put into place.

FS XX

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content