Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ultimatelyStrong
      Participant

Has anyone dealt with parental alienation? My ex has always done it to some degree and it stopped for a while as he had got what he wanted (more contact) but he now wants full custody and the brainwashing is starting again way worse than before. He’s convinced the kids that I’m abusive and that they and I would be better off living with him. It’s so bad that my eldest son trashed the house when he came back from his dads. He thought I’d end up calling his dad to come get him. My youngest son tells me he wants to live with daddy every time he gets told off which is a lot at the moment because they are literally trying to be sent away. It’s heartbreaking to see them like this and obviously it’s hard for me to have so much venom projected at me from my own children. I’m not perfect by any means but I know I’m a good mum, and that their feelings are completely unjustified. If he doesn’t stop the brainwashing they will not come back one day. Obviously I wouldn’t just let him keep them but by that stage they would probably never speak to me again if I (figuratively) dragged them back home. I don’t know what to do!

maddog
      Participant

Social Services may be able to help. My children too, were groomed into treating me like something they wouldn’t want on the bottom of their shoe.

Please also speak to Women’s Aid.

12 is the age of criminal responsibility. If not the police directly, it’s certainly worth speaking to the Domestic Abuse team through 101. They’re not the police, but hold the keys to lots of organisations who can help.

Rights of Women is a brilliant resource. You can get free legal advice with a solicitor from your local CAB, and also possibly from your local Women’s Aid.

Don’t be alone with this.

We can only do as much as we can, and ultimately we have to look after ourselves.

iliketea
      Participant

Heart goes out to you, I can sense this starting with mine now my ex is slowly losing more control with (detail removed by moderator). Could you speak to school and see if they can offer some therapy there to help your children. This is categorised as child abuse so local domestic abuse organisation would be a good place to start as well as GP. Look up NSPCC for resources on parental alienation. There were two women here who were very experienced in it but I can’t remember their names. Try searching on these pages for Parental Alienation. Also, have you had therapy for you? It’s really distressing when this happens and you need all the resources and strength to get you through this difficult time. Xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content